New Jersey Continuing Education COURSE
Title and Escrow: Two Families, One Transaction
You showed your buyer clients dozens of homes. You took their calls morning, noon, and night. You comforted them when they were outbid. You helped them cope with rejection, disappointing home inspections, and stressful counteroffers. But, after months and months of work, your buyers are finally about to close on their dream home. That’s right—they’re almost there. Almost.
First, you have to help them navigate the closing process and all the potential landmines hidden within. From unexpected tax lines, easement issues, title insurance requirements, and final walk-through hiccups, the closing process can be a tricky one. Enter Title and Escrow: Two families, One Transaction. This course provides a comprehensive review of common title and escrow issue that may pop up at closing.
Course highlights include:
- Details that will help you understand liens, encumbrances, and title insurance
- A list of the four basic rights of owning and possessing property and explanations of how these rights impact property owners
- Characteristics of a valid deed, and descriptions of grant deeds, warranty deeds, quitclaim deeds, tax deeds, gift deeds, and deeds in lieu of foreclosure
- Items included on a full title report, an ownership and encumbrance property report, a legal and vesting report, and a land title report
- Details about items covered by the lender's title insurance policy and those covered by the borrower's policy
- An explanation of the contents of the Closing Disclosure